Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

3/8/2010 letter

So quickly because I am in the mission office because I won't have a p-day this week because I will be driving to Zambia. So really quick this week has been very busy we have some more baptismal dates coming and I am very excited for those.I met more Jehovah's Witnesses who were actually very polite. My companion got sick so I was companions with our Zone leader and I had to show him the area(which I don't know), and lead all the lessons which actually wasn't that bad. On our way to the police station, to give our statements because we were robbed, we made a turn and we got in a car accident! I started laughing so hard! Our other Zone leader was driving and so we missed all our appointments and waited for the police to arrive. Don't worry it really wasn't a bad accident, just some damage to the front bumper and the other cars side doors. Then after we went to the other police station to give our statements. I was called into a the room first and the Sargent flat out told me that he thought I was the one who stole it all! So he charged me officially and I had to give my statement saying that I didn't, so... yay criminal charges!!!I had Zone Conference just barely and it was pretty awesome. Our area was one that was said to be doing really well. I bore my testimony, because I was "new", I thought it was okay... yep. I am going to miss Snake World because I am driving to Zambia. I know it's sad right? But I am sure I'll have a chance to go sometime. So hopefully I'll be able to e-mail you all next week, but if not you will hear from me in two weeks! And I am not sure why the pouch isn't working, maybe talk to Marla, she worked it out somehow... oh tell her that I used that poem she gave me in my investigator's class!Hopefully you'll here from me soon!Love,Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment