Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

2/6/10 letter

So it hasn't been very long since I've e-mailed and it will be saturdays or maybe mondays from now on, I'm not sure yet. I forgot my cord for my camera so you might have to wait a couple years for pictures... :) Anyway I've been doing great I just got back from tracting and it went really well. Elder Kongolo went with the other missionary and after the missionary said it was the most spritual lesson and experience in a very long time.We talked to a lot of people and pretty much all the black people listened and only one white peron listened. After we talked to one white guy Elder Worth(the missionary we were with) said that talking to white people is scary. I thought that was interesting. We actually set up a lot of appointments. And we talked to a boy about twelve he looked who was converted to the church even though his mom wasn't. The strength of that little boy was incredible. To recognize the truth and to act when his mom wasn't pushing and might have been negative and he STILL joined the church is an amzing testimony of the power of the Lord's message.We have been learning a lot and everything is going really well. There is a South African game called fingerboard that apparently I'm really good at because I've beaten everyone here. The locals say I win by voodoo because no way an American comes in and beats the Africans on their own turf at their own game. It is a very fun game.For whatever reason an arm wrestling competition started up and I tried to stay out of it but I was coerced. Anyway I beat them but it's not as fun as fingerboard.Be Strong. Never Give Up. Endure to the End.Love,Elder Gayp.s. we had a health and safety fireside thingy and after the two hour presentation they asked for all the missionaries going to Zim to come up because there were three more papers worth of information they still had to go over, filled with all the fun diseases and parasites and how we can never go barefoot even in our own apartment, because if we do we'll get some kind of worms that will go to our brains. And that all made me so excited to get there! Anyway have fun in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment