Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

2/5/10 letter

Well we went to the Temple and it was amazing there were some differences but it was the same experience. Except that a lot of the missionaries were getting their own endowments out and that was a really cool experience. Also the Celestial Room was smaller, I thought it might be bigger being one of three in all of Africa. The lessons are getting better (or maybe I am) and I am already going insane being stuck in this building.I have one more companion, Elder Kongolo, from the Democratic Republic of the Congo(DRC). He only speaks french wgich is proving difficult. And I already had to talk him into staying. He wanted to go home because he thought it was too hard. But Preseident Renlund of the Area Presidency and of the First Quorom of the Seventy was here and talked about how all our calls are directly from God and we're meant to be here and that helped I think.Oh yeah I was here and Elder Nixon was talking about our calls because Elder Hinckley is in his home ward. And you know how most the time the Twelve makes the assignments and the First Presidency just approves them or sends them back? Well apparently our calls came directly from President Monson.... interesting.Yeah besides the hymn book and my blessing it might be a good idea to just send letters because apparently the packages don't make it all the time. But yea can you ask Jay if he likes elephants, leopards, crcodile, giraffe, zebra, or ostriches more? :) We took some pictures at the temple and I took some of the room so next time I e-mail i'll send those. Probably on saturday and yea everyone in the fam can e-mail I think but I can only send them to you and Dad.Tell Matt that's awesome and just tell him that he has to be sure that's what he wants. If it is, tell him to work his butt off and then if it's suppose to happen it will. But make sure he knows just what a huge opportunity this is. There are tons of awesome people here I'll try to get a list of all twenty eight or something and where they're from.Tell Dad that Florida is hotter than South Africa, I think he'll enjoy that. Any way I think that is it. Actually I played basketball.... I know, right?! But it wasn't on P-day so I haven't let myself down too much.I got your letter and everyone was jealous cause I was the first to get mail. Then I got another letter today from Lexi, so I got two letters before everyone else. Oh man people were not happy with me. Never give up!

Love,Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment