Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Money fire, Maxwell, Robbed(again), Jehovah's Witnesses, and a gay muslim

Well I am sorry if this email is lame because I forgot my journal so I am not sure what happened this week.

Well last Monday my companion collapsed again at soccer, also again yesterday when we were driving to an activity so, we'll be taking him to the doctor any day now. :) I think I just might take every one of my companions to the doctor. That stinks.

Well we didn't have power for a very long time, which wasn't bad unless you wanted some heated food and a hot shower but I am pretty use to the whole no power thing. So our phone was dead and I am kind of glad because the other missionaries we were staying with were trying to call us. So we walk in and they just look defeated. Plus they tell me not to go into my study room. So of course I go straight there. And my desk is gone! And all my things are strewn about the floor. I go out and apparently we had been robbed, again. This time they got a camera(not mine and broken, so not big loss), an ancient cabinet, and $7. Also not a big loss but still, we got thieved again? Really??

I come to find out that the mission president's wife had been the one to send people to our house to collect "some things". I also learn that when the other missionaries collected the keys it was from the neighbors it was from the drunkard and wayward son that was the suspected culprit from the last robberies. So... yea that was kind of fun. I got my desk back but now it is broken and is slanted so now all my books slide to the right. :)

The next day Maxwell got interviewed for baptism! I confess I was nervous because he gets things messed up sometimes. He knows and lives all of it but sometimes he forgets which principles go to which law. But he passed and it was awesome!! But that morning he had some referrals for us. Turned out they were Jehovah's Witnesses' missionaries who were ancient. To give you a clue one said that he had been a member since 1935. Uh... yea but Maxwell gave them fire for all their false doctrine so it was still cool.

Then we came back to plan and the power was back after five days! So we begin planning and the other missionaries pull up and the power goes... I was not amused. So we all just sat in darkness for awhile, then power came back!!! So I start cooking dinner and before the meat is even browned the power goes again! I was less amused. So I start a fire in our fire place with a small brazier and I am burning the bills that one of our members gave us because she gave us a ridiculous amount and they are worthless anyway. So I cook my dinner on the flames fueled by billions of dollars :) Then after a long time, I put in on a plate and I sit down to eat and before I had taken a bite, the power came back... I was even less amused. But at this point I was past caring I had a cool story and I now had a warm meal finally.

Then the next day I get a phone call and it is one of our recent converts. The discussion is as follows.

"Happy Birthday!" Samantha says.

"What?" Is my automatic and confused response.

"Isn't it your birthday today?" She questions.

"Why yes. Yes it is!" So yeah I totally forgot that it was my birthday. But it was a powerful day we gave out some baptismal dates and had some pretty powerful lessons.

Then Sunday comes around and we are preparing for baptisms. Plus a girl I thought hated me came to church and said that she would be there next week too. Awesome so we are going to start teaching her. Then we get to the baptisms and the water was cold let me tell you. In fact, Sister Anyway came up gasping but it was still a valid baptism. Then after ward they both bear their testimonies about how the Gospel has them and their families. Maxwell says that the only reason he was there was because of me and that he owed me everything because I had pulled him from the darkness into the light. He gave me all the credit and I deserved none of it. But Sunday was one of the best days of my short twenty years. Yes Maxwell!

Also sorry this email is late but I was assaulted by a gay muslim. And sadly I am dead serious. He just kept hitting on me and not even subtly but blatantly so I tried to leave but he followed me and kept trying and I just told him off. I wanted to punch him or throw up on him or something. But he knows we always go to the email shop on that day so I might have to leave Harare because of a gay muslim stalker! I can't believe this! Why me? Why Elder Gay? Really? It had to be me?

But that has been my week also Maxwell taught me how to fix the alignment of bicycle tire spokes. I felt so cool, I did it myself and it was actually fixed at the end of my tampering!

Love,

Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment