Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Baptisms, Goodbyes, and death to poultry

Baptisms, Goodbyes , and death to poultry!We had a very good week. A lot of people are progressing. We got fed more than I ever have before in my life! I thought I would die! The whole week was a little bitter sweet because my comp is leaving.On the way home this guy stopped and asked us if we wanted a ride we said sure and jumped in the back of his truck and off we went into the African night in the back of a truck! I know it sounds dumb but it was sweet! I just couldn't believe I was riding in the back of a truck in Africa! Then he took us right to our gate!Then a little later we wanted to cook for a family and so we got there and guess what? I killed a chicken! Our investigators wanted us to prepare the family dinner. So they bought two chickens, me and my comp named them Frankie and Tameeka. Then they played in the garden and then I stepped on its feet and wings and cut off its head! I felt terrible. Then I defeathered it, I gutted it, I sliced it up, I cleaned the intestines(you know the things that carried the stuff that goes in the toilet? uh...yea), I cooked it and then I ate it! It was a very interesting process from live chicken to dinner plate but it sure was yummy! I couldn't believe I actually killed something. I have never killed anything before and I am not sure I ever want to again. But next the family wants me to kill a goat.... :( We'll see.Then on Saturday we had a very powerful day filled with powerful lessons and the last lesson was the most powerful lesson I have ever been in. The Spirit was so strong as we shared about the Restoration. Me and my companion were led by the Spirit and it will have a lasting effect on those people.On Sunday we had Baptisms! We had Admire and Patience and they both thanked us for changing their lives and in two weeks Patience's Mom will also be baptized! The joy the Gospel brings to people is incredible! I am so happy I can share it! Also a lot of investigator's came to church and it was a very good day. But unfortunately my companion was saying good bye to everyone and so the happy was tinged with sad. But I know the people will be okay as long as they stay in the church.I know that this Church is true and I am so grateful for all the prayers and support!

Love,Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment