Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Transfers, Interviews and Lion And Cheetah Park!

So this last week has been pretty good. Last Monday we went to the Lion and Cheetah Park. That was awesome. We drove through this park and saw lions and they stalked and tried to hunt the car. I have officially been hunted by lions in Africa! Yes! Then we walked around and saw baboons and a giant tortoise and more lions. Then we got to go into a cage with the baby lions!! I say baby loosely, by the way, they were ten months old and as big as me. They licked my hands and I got to rub their tummies and they bit my hand! It was totally awesome! I played with baby lions!! In case you didn't catch that, I PLAYED WITH BABY LIONS!!!!! Woot!

Then this week was very good we saw four people who are preparing for baptism. Only two came to church though, and so they are going to baptized next week because they passed their interviews!!! But the other two, Maxwell and Dorcas, didn't come. Maxwell got sick and couldn't manage the distance to church that day and Dorcas' relatives were involved in a car accident where two people died and others were in the hospital. So she was at the hospital with her family. Both are very excellent reasons for not coming to church, but I am still a little sad because now their baptisms have to be postponed. But we have two others on Sunday!!! Yay!

One of our members they had a baby pass away this week. I felt terrible and I didn't know what to say to help. I felt so superfluous, I contributed nothing when I was there. But hopefully just being there helped, even if it was marginal. But the Branch President came, and I don't think I have ever been so grateful for the Church Organization. That really helped a lot.

We were given an entire bag filled with Zim Dollars. That bag of money was really heavy(I'll never say that again :)). But I am now a multi-trillionaire! Woot! I chopped more wood at an investigators house. That was fun.

We had Zone Conference this week and we were called on to give a role play, I thought it went well... maybe.

Last night we were talking to people and the power was out and so it was pretty dark. We were going and I got distracted and my companion was a little behind me, maybe five meters. I was laughing or something when he stops and says I don't think we should go this way. I was about to ask him why, when I turned and looked down the road. And I felt the spirit leave. For the first time on mission I didn't feel right. I had felt promptings to leave or to go somewhere. But I was too close to something and the Spirit didn't prompt me, it just left.

So I ran the other way. I have no idea what was over there and I don't want to know. I didn't feel right until we opened with a prayer in a lesson a while later. I hope I never have that feeling again. It was terrible, I literally hurt because of the Spirit's absence. But I know we are protected, so don't worry.

Also this morning we found out our transfers. I am staying, still. But my companion is leaving. I am pretty bummed because I was really hoping that we would be companions for longer. But what can you do? I'll move on and have faith that it is for the best. But I will miss him a lot.

Well that has been my week. Very filled and very exciting! I love every day and I appreciate all the support!

Love,

Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment