Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Malaria, "fixed power", and Unity

Malaria, "fixed power", and Unity

So the night after I emailed I sat in bed and I couldn't really fall asleep because I felt so full and I was kind of cold. I know I was actually cold. That should have warned me right off but it didn't. So I just tossed and turned and it got progressively worse and worse until I was very nauseated and I felt like I needed to vomit. So I called another elder from his room and he came out and was talking to me and brought me more blankets. So I had four blankets and a heater on me and I was STILL freezing. Finally I did throw up... a lot. And I felt much better and so I could fall asleep. The next day I felt pretty much normal, almost anyway but they forced me to go to the doctor.

The doctor told me that it was acute viral infection and it would pass on its own. But let me tell you I thought it was malaria. But whatever I feel much better now. But my companion also got checked and the doctor didn't know what to think of it, she said, "That's not normal." So we got some blood tests done and we are going to get the results later today so I will keep you informed next week about what happens.

So you know how our washing machine cord exploded? So Bro. Akili came and "fixed" it but we had no power when he came and later it came back and everything was good. Until the power went... but only to half of the house. Luckily everything in the kitchen still worked except the light so we could still cook!

So that side of the house didn't have power for a while but he came back and it is fine now. But now we are wondering what the next problem in the bathroom will be. Because right now everything is good and we all know that can't last for long.

But when I was in the area I saw a wedding invitation and it said "Love is forever" and it made me laugh and also a little sad. How sad it is that those people would separate at death without the proper authority. Also Alfred and Florence said they would wait even if it took ten years! Yes! They are the polygamists. The wife wanted to go to a different church but Alfred said he would only go to the "Latter Day Saint Church." He knows the truth and he cannot deny it!

Also I met a very arrogant person who wanted to teach me about the bible. But he did let me make a brick, by smashing cement into a mold which was fun.
Then Sunday was interesting. Maxwell didn't show up, I am not sure why. But I was very tired and then in Priesthood they started discussing families and it got way out of hand and they started discussing numbers of children and how many should you have and how you should provide if you have a lot. And someone said that poor people have more children because they can't afford other forms of entertainment.... in PRIESTHOOD! I was shocked and it just kept going from there. But our week has been really good and tiring and interesting.

Thank you for all the love and support!!!

Love,

Elder Gay

P.S. I am going to play with baby lions again today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment