Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Baptisms, Mncedisi, and SO CONFUSED!!!

Alright so people I jsut want to say that I just finished a journal this last week and I have started a new one. Woot!

So where to begin...... Let us begin with Monday.......

So Monday we were on exchanges with President Dube and it went well and I felt I learned a lot on how to be a better missionary and a better trainer. He really is a great teacher and he knows his scriptures. So we saw a few people and really had a great experience. We also had our Zone activity and got our Zone shirts. They are pretty cool and we had a good time we had a braai and that was yummy.

This is where things get exciting. TUESDAY! So we had District Meeting and I was presenting and we were learning from the scriptures together and I thought it was going really well and President was doing our regular interviews but then after the meeting I get told that my companion will be with one of the Zone Leaders in the car and that I will be with the other one in the area and it is until further notice and my head is just reeling because I had no idea where this came from. Very bizarre and President necer explained and so we actually go back to the hospital because he was vomiting more blood. And we set an appointment. So I was with Elder Finn.

Wednesday- I was now with Elder Skwati on Exchanges and we had a fairly normal day except for the news that my companion had been admitted again. OH yea I spoke to President about why it all happened and he was just telling me that it was because of his health and he wanted him in the car. So that was explained which was good.

Thursday- I was with a ward missionary and in the evening we went to the hospital and found out he vomited blood and collapsed in the bathroom. So that was interesting.

Friday- I was with Elder Finn. We went to the area and had some interviews and it was going pretty well and things were moving along. Then we get a phone call from President saying that my companion will be transferred to Harare to be with the Assistants in order to keep a closer eye on his health..... I will be with a ward missionary until the end of the transfer.

Saturday- We had one more interview and had some pretty good lessons. One was with Mncedisi who has been familiar with the church for a long time and was never baptized for one reason or the other and never really came to church. BUt he seemed to be doing really well and he managed to do his reading and he committed to come to church and even though he hadn't been to church for 3 weeks straight I just couldn't let him go. I just felt like it was his time. Like he was finally ready.... So I really prayed that he would come to church.

Sunday- So we went to church and it was hectic and good. We had a lot of people who came and that was great. But no Mncedisi. He wasn't there but then a little bit into Sacrament Meeting we see him walking up to the Chapel! HE CAME!!!!! hahahahaha Success! It was so powerful and he has been doing so well with giving up smoking.

Then after the service we had our baptism and it went really well. They were all baptized and they were all so excited. All in "spotless white"! I love baptism days. They are always exciting.

But that was the week. Up and down and all around but sprinkled with miracles all over and you just gotta love it.

ELDER GAY

PS My companion is doing a bit better under the close supervision and they have every confidence that he will be able to continue to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment