Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Monday, November 7, 2011

: Headache?, BAPTISM, Training?????

So this week was very hot. We had a heat wave and they said it was the hottest it has been in Zimbabwe since 1959 or a year similar to that one. Needless to say it was very warm. Oh yea I just finished reading the New Testament! Woot!

But this week has been really good and really busy.

I actually had a real head ache! I was very surprised. It could have been a combination of the heat and also stress. Because we had a lot of people to prepare for baptism and only a specific amount of time to be spent in the area and it was really intense!

But we got transfers and I will be training again and I will be staying in the area. My new companion is Elder Chikota and he is from South Africa. Should be very exciting.

But the great news is that we were able to help prepare 14 people to be baptized last week Saturday and everything was organized and we were having an activity as well where lunch would be provided so that was awesome! But then we got a call from the assistants saying that there would be a training on Saturday and that I was required to be there. It was being held at the exact same time as our baptism and it was in a DIFFERENT CITY! So I was sadly unable to attend the baptism but I hear it went great and that everyone was very excited. Pictures were taken so don't worry. I just don't have them with me right now..... but they will definitely be sent. But bad news is that I do not have my memory card anymore to my camera... it got lost somehow. I don't know how or where but I don't have it. Isn't that sad? It had a lot of pictures. But I think I sent most of the crucial ones. So it will be okay.

But that was the week!

Will everyone pray for my little bro, Matt? He needs some support!

ELDER GAY

PS Serve a MISSION!

No comments:

Post a Comment