Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Monday, October 3, 2011

HOSPITAL!!!!

Well family and friends and colleagues. I had a very interesting week.

I was moved to Harare to have a training and to meet my new companion who was coming fresh from the MTC. So we go there we meet we have a training with President and we also have dinner at his home and that was really nice. My companion seems really great and we get along so no worries there. But I have to be honest I was a bit nervous about training. Especially because I had never been to our area before and I had no idea what the area would be like, I didn't know the city and the members and any of the investigators. I didn't even know what our house was like. But now I have partial or complete answers to these questions.

But the day we got there we drove 6 hours from Harare to our area. I woke up at 3 but we didn't leave until 7. I am not sure why I woke up that early. I just did. But anyway we went straight to the area when we got there and went to work finding where the members and investigators stayed and finding new people to teach. It was really quite exciting. BUt the next day as we are walking to the area my companion says he is feeling unwell and then proceeds to vomit 4-5 times on the side of the road. So I call the Zone leaders and they come take us to the doctor and he is having severe chest pains and shaking and getting shots and IV's and all sorts of medical attention and then we went home because he had been stable but the next morning it came back with a vengeance and it was bad so we spend the whole day at doctors getting tests and that day he was in a lot of pain. Then the next day he was admitted to the Hospital and he is still there. They say he will be released tomorrow. I guess they have fixed it.

But it has caused quite the mayhem. I have only been in the area 1 day. The rest I was at the Hospital. I was very concerned for my companion and President almost had me drive him to Harare to get treatment and all sorts of chaos. It was an emotionally draining week. But all is well.

ELDER GAY

No comments:

Post a Comment