Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Humanitarian, if you invite them they will come, and Conference!

Aright so first of all I loved Conference!!!! It was great and I appreciate every talk but I was so excited that so many were focused on missionary work!!!!! Especially Elder Holland, please go on line and read his talk from Priesthood session, please Please PLEASE!!!! You will not regret it! I loved it so much.

So President Dube has told us of something he would like us to focus on which is Humanitarian work! He said that whatever resources we might need and anything that we can plan and organize he would love to help us. This is especially for my companion and I. So I look forward to that and I know that it wil be a great experience. Partly due to the fact that my companion was the one who organized the Humanitarian group Letters 2 Rwanda and was recognized by some very important people(I can't remember exactly who right now but it was great)...... So we should be able to find success.

But one miracle(of many) this last week was that we had a surprising number of investigators who came to church! I was so excited because when we got there we had about 6 or 7 and I was thrilled and was excited for them and then they just kept coming! In total we had 20 investigators at church. What a blessing, considering the fact that we were unable to see them the Lord heard our prayers and softened their hearts and we look forward to their upcoming baptisms. What an amazing blessing! We have truly been belssed with wonderful people to teach and I know that the Lord hears our prayers and sustains us in our weakness as we have faith and rely upon His Son. Incredible.

I feel so unworthy of God's unfailing kindness and mercy at times that I truly "stand all amazed" and I can't help but wonder can I do more? Do I have His image in my countenance? Do my actions of every minute of every day make Him happy? But I do sin my wish, because I am not here for me, but for God's children. There are truly miracles if we will but forget ourselves and go to work. I know this. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and the keystone of our religion and I am so grateful for the great missionaries within its pages. I am grateful for this opportunity to do like Paul and to declare that the 'unkown God' is not unknown but revealed and wonderful and kind and so ready to fill our lives when we turn to Him and rely upon the merits of His Son's Atoning sacrifice. This is a great work.

Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment