Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Working out, Madzi Baba Prophet, District meeting, church, and dating? Yes I said Dating....

Well this week we have been going to the gym in the mornings and exercising. Conveniently Godfrey is always gone, when we come for a lesson but he is ALWAYS there when we go to exercise.... coincidence? I think not! So whatever, I can still use his gym even if he isn't accepted into the Celestial Kingdom right?

But as I was doing some bench presses elder Butler made me laugh and I couldn't lift the stupid weight. I was just laughing and trying to lift it but I wasn't focused. So it took me a long time to finally get it off my chest, plus Elder Butler helped me. So that was good.

But we went to teach our Branch Mission leader's father this last week and he is seriously lost. For the first thing he is a "Prophet", also a pharisee because his Sabbath starts at Sundown on Friday, but he is also MUSLIM, because he prays every three hours and he faces east, even though mecca would technically be north from Zimbabwe.... We were trying to bring him to some epiphany but he already knew that the Book of Mormon is true and that our religion is different than all the others and he believes it to be to be true but he is afraid of leaving his church because he is their leader.

Also this week District meeting, was interesting I didn't feel like I was making much of an impact and that I was just rambling... you know? But anyway I went on an exchange and the elder said that the district meeting was inspired and that it felt like I was talking directly to him. Which was a testimony builder that really the Lord is in charge of the work and of these meetings even if we don't think we are making a difference. Woot!

Then Sister Solomon in a lesson was telling us about 2 Nephi 9. She read it and said it was the most powerful chapter she had ever read and how it was answering all her questions and concerns and she is just amazing! She needs to be Baptized so she can be Relief Society General President or something. Because she is amazing and yea pretty much.

But at church we go in and we prepare and Dickson walks in early! Yes one investigator at church! Then Sister AND Brother Solomon walk in! Three! And Brother Solomon is there too! Then Sister Marange comes in with her husband(who is a member). FOUR!! Then it begins and I am thrilled, then Pride and Tendai come in! SIX!!!! They all thoroughly loved Church and Sisiter Solomon was answering the questions about what they learned about last week, and all of them were participating in the lessons. Then at the end, Pride, Tendai and Dickson all say that next week they are bringing their wives to church!!!!!! I was so happy, you wouldn't believe. They are all amazing investigators and the members were talking with them all and it was just great.

I mean we have also seen an increase in the number of people who have dropped us, or who are hiding from us but still we are sifting the gold and diamonds from the poop colored soil. :) And I glory in the finding of the gold and diamonds(metaphorically speaking of course).

Then as we were contacting outside a shop, I went in to talk an investigator but I didn't find him so I was talking to a worker to see if the guy was there. But alas he wasn't, so I started to invite the worker(who is female) to church but I phrased it poorly, observe the awkward situation that arises.....

"So what are you up to tomorrow?" Says I. Can you already see my mistake....

"Well I am working from one till the evening," she says a little forlornly. I still haven't noticed anything amiss.

"Perfect!" I exclaim as she looks pleasantly surprised, "Because Church is from nine until twelve. Will you come?" Her face falls and a previously oblivious Elder Gay sees the signs, at long last.

"Church?" She says showing her disappointment.

"Yes church, it is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I am inviting you to come...." I paraphrased but you get my point, we talk for a bit more and I begin to walk away when she says, "Wait I didn't get your name..."

"My Name is Elder Gay."

"Elder Gay," She repeats under her breath as she smiles and waves good bye...

Awkward! She thought I was asking her out and I felt strange and I was just laughing because I think Church was far from her mind..... uh.... anyway.

I also met and taught Gouglet this week. He was a little drunk but a great guy and he was almost on the verge of tears as I was sharing with him and he was committing himself to be a better person for his family... But he didn't come to church and we went to his house and they said nobody by that name(and it is quite the unique name) stays there so.... I am not sure how sincere he really was.

Also our Zone is getting T-shirts and they are going to be awesome!

Love,

Elder Gay

P.S. Happy Birthday to Cassie(oct 6th) and Jay(oct 3rd) Get yourself something nice from me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment