Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Training, Elder Hales, Birthday and building a house! And Godfrey.... DUN Dun dun....9/13/10

Well this week began with a training and I don't think I have ever sat that long on mission and I don't think I ever want to again. But it was powerful and I learned a lot. One day for lunch President Dube took us out to Dinner and it was to Blue Banana. We had a three course meal. I had chicken nuggets, sweet and sour chicken stir fry and a chocolate brownie with ice cream for dessert! Yum!

But while I was in Harare, the greenies were coming in and I keep getting told that an Elder Hales is looking for me. I am confused because I have no idea who he is but he finally finds me and tells me he knows my family in Ft Lauderdaile and things begin to piece together. He said my blog was inspired. Not that I can take credit because Pam made the blog but I thought that was kind of cool. He actually reminded me of some of my cousins.

But anyway, we drove back and Elder Butler is in my Zone now! You remember from when I fled the country to Zambia and I worked with him? Okay so you probably don't remember but suffice it to say that I am way stoked to be in his Zone!

But we get to the area and I find that one of our investigators has a birthday, on the next time we are scheduled to return(Sis. Solomon). So me and my companion plan to make her a cake. But when the day came, as with so many other days, no power... so we went to town and we bought her a cake! We sang Happy Birthday and we had cake and it was nice!

Also this we were suppose to do service at this one house but it fell through so I look for someone else we can help and we end up helping this guy build a house! I learned how to lay bricks and to align the bricks and the guy actually asked if I had done this before. I said no(because I really hadn't) but it was kind of cool to learn how to do brick laying even if it is a skill I will probably never use again. Woot!

But we were walking along this path and we found this athletic area and we find out there is a gym inside so I go and have a look and it is awesome so I was really excited about going there and getting back in shape. I talked to the owner and I told him we'd be back and I give him a pamphlet(this will prove to be relevant later in the email, don't worry).

Then after Church we were talking in our meeting with the leadership about Sis Solomon and I say that she was there at church that day. They start discussing and they pin point her and apparently everyone thought she was a member. Because in the Sunday School class she was making contributions and participating which really got the branch excited about fellowshipping her. So she will be baptized soon enough.

Then after church I get a text and I will write it exactly as I received it(if you you have small children reading this, tell them to turn away)

hello can Elder GAY
Come and discuss
the bible with me. i
have a problem.i am
a man but a lot of
other men are

So I see this page first and I am wondering who this is, I don't recognize the number and then I press down on the phone and I was incredibly shocked. Read and partake of my surprise

asking me to have
sex with them.

Are you shocked because I know I was! Really? Why me? Anyway so we call him back and I find out it is Godfrey, the guy at the gym I was so excited to go and use! So we might not be using the gym until we learn more about what is going on there. Anyway we plan to see him that very day. We go and my companion isn't saying anything. So I am trying my best to figure out his real concern because this statement I could tell was just the tip of the iceberg. A very large, ominous, fragmented, and looming iceberg. I have no idea why these things happen to me. Why couldn't they happen to someone without my last name? Because these things happening to me are just so ironic that they could make a stone cold killer cry with mirth. And me to cry with disbelief (ok so I really didn't cry but I was very shocked). He also said in a later text that, "love you my elders" Is anyone else concerned?!?!?! I am a little concerned and maybe even more than a little.

Also I found out that Brother Solomon is a diamond dealer! I mean it is all legal, but isn't that insane? He works in the diamond fields of Chiadzwa! Diamonds!!!!!!!!

Love,

Elder Steven Gay

Have a nice day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment