Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Traveling, Baptism, and Crispen Sept 6th 2010

Well this last week has been very busy. Very.

We had a pretty regular and powerful P-day in which we watched Tarzan, played soccer and ate pizza. Then the next day we had a District meeting that was ok.... it could have been better but we had some good success and we found out that I am getting a new companion! Elder Xingashe, you say it with a sucking click noise in the beginning, but I have yet to meet him. Because of reasons that will be revealed later. Anyway, later that same day we were back from the day and we were planning, when we get a phone call. I answer, "Hello this is Elder Gay"

"Hello, uh you need to arrange a branch missionary for your companion you will be driving to Harare tomorrow for Zone Leader Council." Comes the response from the other side of the line.

"Uh ok," Says a perplexed Elder Gay, as he thinks but I am not a Zone Leader....

Anyway so I get a Branch missionary and I leave the next morning to Harare. we get there and we don't have really anything to do that night so I drove to Kuwadzana and I saw some of my converts! I felt good to see them.

But the next day we had the council and then we drove back. We had a baptism on Saturday of a girl named Shamiso, it was kind of a pentecostal baptism because it had to be repeated like five times...mostly because she would fight going down in the water and she wouldn't go all the way under.

Then I have to get a branch missionary because my companion was leaving to his new area and I end up working with Crsipen the person we just baptized on Sunday, he wasn't even confirmed yet! But it was powerful. But I am back in Harare for four or five more days for another leadership training. I am traveling so much but I am out of internet time!

Love,

Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment