Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Special Training, Christian?, and (more)diamonds

Well in the beginning of this week I got a text from President Dube saying that he would be coming to do a specialized training with the missionaries and that I would be conducting.... That was interesting. Plus I messed it up. I announced at the improper times and I ended up having to get up AFTER President Dube to announce the closing hymn and prayer. Which by the way you aren't suppose to do. The Presiding authority should be the last on the program! Oops! Hopefully I won't have to do it again.

But anyway we were walkng and we saw this guy sitting down so obviously we went over and starting talking to him. And to preface this story let me just say that this is the most confused and lost guy I think I have ever met. Well we begin talking to him and asking about his beliefs. We asked if he believed in God and he said no. Not unheard of so I wasn't discouraged so we continued and we asked him what he did believe in. He answered, "I believe in drinking beer." Also not unheard so we continued and we were talking about his family and his wife who believes in Jesus Christ. I asked if he believed in Jesus Christ and he replied, "No, I believe in Christianity." At this point I am kind of lost. We keep talking to him and he repeated that over and over again and he refused to open up and talk or even to take anything to read. Finally I asked him(because he kept saying come back tomorrow), "Do you want us to leave?" To which he replied, "Yes," So we left. But I have met my first CHRISTIAN who DOES NOT believe in JESUS CHRIST! He was so confused and I hope he finds light one day because let me tell you, he is in darkness!

Also I saw more diamonds on the black market, this diamond was worth about $18,000. And the guy was just letting me examine it right out in the open. Which was strange but also powerful!

Do you remember Pride? He is powerful and we went to go teach him and his wife said he went to Harare to work for a month! This guy is probably one of our most powerful investigators! I was distraught(that is kind of dramatic and not entirely truthful in regards to my actual emotions but I like the word but know that I was disappointed!). So that night I prayed that the wife was just confused and that he would be back sooner. Prayer answered, the wife was confused!!! Yay!!! He is coming back this week!!!!

Also when President was here our houses were inspected by his wife and our house received the highest praise! They said we were very neat missionaries! Plus we got chocolate!

Some points to note-

* We discovered we live next to a less active, two actually
* Fasting was good, and long but fruitful I feel
* Love is good!
* Hate is bad!
* The sky is blue(most the time)
* I am in AFRICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Elder Gay

p.s. Happy birthday in the following days to Cassie, Mike, and Nicki!!!!!! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment