Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

AHHH!! zone conference 8/23/10

Well this last week we traveled back to Harare for Zone Conference
because Elder Koelliker came. It was an amazing experience. He had
such great counsel and I feel like the work will shoot forward. We are
on the verge of Africa just exploding with missionary work I can feel
it! But somehow I got assigned to organize the photo so I was
instructing everyone to stand hither and thither which I thought was
kind of random. Then I somehow found myself setting up the food for
everyone and then after the Mission President called me out. So I was
wondering what was going on.... But to my surprise he wanted me to
dish the desserts... Then after I found myself back in the kitchen
cleaning ALL the dishes.... How did all these things happen, I don't
have a clue. I even ended up clearing the dishes and being a personal
waiter to the coupe missionaries, President and his wife and Elder and
Sister Koelliker. After all this was over I pondered on how these
things occurred. I have yet to determine a solution but I will
continue to ponder and pray about it.

Also driving in to the mission office we passed the guard who I
always thanked for opening the gate. She smiled accusingly and asked
me where I had been. I said, "Mutare." But I thought it was funny that
she remembered me and knew that I hadn't been around. I have only said
thank you to her. She is not a member but hopefully she will be soon.

But I got to talk to Elder Bonface(in kuwadzana) and he is saying they
have five baptisms this coming Sunday! All people I taught. He also
said that everyone is asking about me, even the drunks I always
invited to church. They are asking for me by name.... strange because
they could never seem to remember when church starts.... But it seems
like they are continuing with the good work! I hope sometime I get to
go back and visit there.

We just had Mormon Helping Hands all over Africa and we went to a deaf
center and we cleaned. Which was good, although sometimes when I tried
to talk to people they didn't respond because they were deaf...
awkward! But in the children's room I saw anti AIDS posters, good,
right? Wrong! They were very explicit pictures on the preventative
methods.... I was telling everyone there not to look at that side of
the room. It was in the children's rooms!!!!! I couldn't believe it.
Anyway this last week has been very busy with traveling and everything
but it is wonderful.

Love,

Elder Gay

P.S. Ricky and Mike, respond to my letters or dinokurova!(I'll beat you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment