Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Eish, 248, and the SHOW!!!

So first of all. My apologies. This is going to be short because 1) I forgot my journal and 2) we had a Zone Leader Council meeting that took up almost all of our PDay so I will just write quickly because we still have appointments tonight so sorry but this week was powerful all the same. So we had a really good week and then again it wasn't so great. But the good things are really good. Like this family that we have been teachng they are progressing very well and they are really integrating themselves into the church. The only thing is that this last week a lot of our powerful investigators were traveling. But they are still doing great.

We had in our area what is the equivalent of a State Fair. And we as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had a presence there. we actually talked to hundreds of people and got their details and that will keep the missionaries very busy for a long time. I don't know if I have ever talked so much in my life. We brought people in and shared with them about the different auxiliaries. Also about the Book of Mormon and it went really well. It was hectic and crazy but it was really great. Met a lot of really cool people and a lot of drunks as well... strange that the time I would be exposed to so much iniquity is when I am sharing the Gospel. But hopefully we will turn them and get them in the right way.

Oh and by the way Dad I am still not sure about extending or not. I am still thinking about it.

But we actually had a ZL council today that was really cool. It took up most of the day but it was a really good training and I learned a lot. Like when there were still 3 countries in the mission, from Jan to June, the average baptisms per month was 248. But when the mission split we had, in the month of July, 247 baptisms in Zimbabwe alone!! The mission is POWERFUL! There is a lot that happened in the meeting. Most things that happened probably aren't very interesting to those not in the mission but they are exciting to me! Like new areas being opened, Elder Crossley my first companion is training again and opening a whole new area in the mission. There is a lot happening and it is an exciting time to be in Zimbabwe! we are actually finding out about transfers tomorrow so we will have to see what happens and where every one is going! There are a lot of things happening eish but I think I have said that repeatedly so I will be done. But it is powerful!

We are actually going to be traveling on Saturday to Masvingo. We are going to be doing a training for the branch missionaries and also teaching some of their investigators. Hopefully we can prepare some places for full time missionaries. Improvement and progression!

You should serve a mission!

ELDER GAY

No comments:

Post a Comment