Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Masvingo and Transfers

Dear People's,

Well peoples I have been here and you have been there and we have all been somewhere. BUt this week I found out if I would be staying or going and to be honest I was expecting to go. I have been in my calling for some time and I thought I would be moved.... but it turns out I am staying! Which is good and I am really surprised and excited at the same time. I get to be with our investigators who are powerful! Yes! I really am excited for them and I hope that I can help them to progress even further. They are really doing great.

But this week we planned to go to an this far area of Zimbabwe called Masvingo. There is a branch there and they have been begging us to come and do a training and to see their investigators. So we got permission and we went! I was very impressed. They are very well organized and there is a lot of potential. So we set some goals, planned some more trainings, got a list of needed materials, and gave assignments. I am really excited for the growth possibilities in this area. I hope to prepare it to receive full time missionaries. But even before then I think we can have 20 baptisms per month in that area. We really need to push it though.

We have also got another district created in our zone. So that will be really good. But it seems like the amount of work just doubled...... Woot! If we can do things right the progress will quadruple! So lets pray that I can do things right:) I have been racking my brain on the best way to organize our time so we can make sure that we give the necessary attention where it is needed. There are a lot of things to do and we aren't being given any extra time so I hope we can really use our time effectively.

But I know that all things are possible with the Lord. I just need to step up and do it. Can I make the necessary sacrifices and become a disciple of Christ? Am I becoming who I need to be? Am I doing all that I have the potential to do? KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!!!!!!

Wow. So life is ever busy and ever intense, I hope you can say the same :)

ELDER GAY

No comments:

Post a Comment