Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vomit and Eating, Tears and Fears, And The Bus and the Fighting spouses!

Well this week was pretty good if I do say so myself. The missionaries in one of our Districts got sick and they were all vomiting and had diarrhea and we made plans to get them medicine and see how we could help(they are a bit far), But then that night, I gave the closing prayer to our nightly planning and right after I said "amen" brughhrghr, hurhfgh I tossed my cookies. No worries I felt a bit off so I had gotten a container so it wasn't all over the floor. But then the very next day the Musekiwa family had cooked for us and it is kind of an offense to say no to food. Plus they had stayed back from work to prepare it for us and so we had to eat. But I guess my sickness was fading because I didn't experience any problems. So that was good. But it has been a while since I have thrown up. That was odd.

Then we were with one of our investigators and we were on exchanges and this investigator is smart, well spoken, and opinionated. If he doesn't agree he will definitely let you know and the missionary I was with wasn't prepared to meet so much resistance and got scared and almost started to cry. He was completely silenced, so I finished the lesson. Hahahahahaha that was kind of funny. He is actually one of my favorite investigators. Cool guy.

We work with the ward missionaries quite a bit and so they see us a lot and I guess I am getting famous for taking people's things from them. Like if I find someone smoking I will take it and stomp on it and then take the rest of their pack too. I take their alcohol and pour it out and their tea and coffee. I even take piercings from them and throw them away. The ward missionaries were afraid to such things. They said that I must be strong. But all it takes is some fast talking, a smile and confidence. I even got someone to give me a drink for free! That was fun. Taking their vices is fun.

Then remember when I said we had a plan to get our investigators to church? Well we did it and it didn't run very smooth because it was the first time. But next week it will go better. We hired a BUS!!!!! One of the members has a bus and volunteered for us so we can use it on Sundays to pick our investigators! Plus one of our recent converts is a bus driver and told said he would be our driver. So our recent convert has a responsibility and he was really excited and was saying that next week the bus would be full!!!!

So we went and collected our investigators. One family, the Phiri family were fighting. They both(husband and wife) really wanted to come to church but the Mother-in-law was coming and one of them had to stay. So they were arguing about who got to go. The husband won and he came to church. The wife said she let him go because she has been trying to get him to church for almost 10 years, and finally he wants to go to "the Latter-day Saints". Victory!!!!!! So they are doing very well and I can't wait for their baptism. Woot woot. I actually laughed at them when I found out they had argued about who should be the one to come to church! They are powerful.

ELDER GAY

No comments:

Post a Comment