Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

You can't write this, You know it!, and family fun!

So this last week I was contacting this group of guys and they asked me about the Book of Mormon. So I was talking to them and they said, "What about your book?" "What do you mean my book? Did I write it?" I said. "I don't know if you wrote it or not. I don't know about this book, does it talk about Jesus Christ?" At which point I gave him some verses to read and as he was reading aloud the Spirit grew stronger and stronger after he finished, he smiled and said, "Bhuku raMwari. Ah, you can't write this. This isn't your book. Ah, you can't write this." Bhuku raMwari means book of God in Shona. It was a really cool experience. The Book of Mormon is POWERFUL!!!!

Then when we were visitting with this sister, the same one who told the previous missionaries they were leading her astray, we came in and she just looked different. I don't know, she had the Book of Mormon out and I don't even know, I just felt something was different. Then as we were talking, I just stopped her and said, "Can I tell you what I feel? I think you already know it is true. I think you know the Book of Mormon is true and that the church is the only true church." Then the look she gave me confirmed it! I started laughing and saying you know, you know! Then she said, "But I need my husband to accept the Book of Mormon too before I get baptized...." Which might be difficult because he is a drunkard.... so we will have to see. But she knows!!!!!

Then during the course of the week there were some fun family moments. Like an investiagtor family we are teaching bought us ice cream. Yum! We also celebrated a birthday for one of the members with his family and they had all sorts of food and a lot of it! They are great. We also found some other families that we are teaching. One family has previously rejected the missionaries. So we will have to see how that goes. But it seems like there is a host of opposites lately. Although I made a deal with an investigator, that she needs to be baptized while I am in the area. She has been an investigator for like 5 years or something. But she agreed so she will be baptized before I go! I will make sure of that. :D

Fun. Fun. Fun. You should all go on mission!!!!!!!

ELDER GAY

No comments:

Post a Comment