Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Zone Song, and recipes!

So this last week as we were working on our Zone song. We decided on hymn 134, I Believe in Christ. Somehow I ended up in a trio that sings in the beginning alone! I don't even know how that happened. But as we worked on it, it was turning out well. I hope that Elder Pearson likes it. Oh yeah, there is a General Authority coming for Zone Conference. He is doing a mission tour for the Mission Department of the Church. So people are a bit stressed but it is coming together fine. So no worries. Crazy crazy that this transfer is almost over. Didn't we just start? But it has been really great. we are going to have more baptisms on Saturday. For Brighton, Ida, John, Sister Simwanza, and Diana(if she is ready). It is so exciting! And we are still waiting to hear about the branch splitting! Woot!


So this last week I made apple crisp! It was quite good if I say so myself. Then I also made Chocolate Chip bars! It was kind of difficult without electric beaters. There I was struggling with my fork. Hahaha but we didn't have time to eat it. So I put it on a stool(so the roaches wouldn't get it). But the next morning it got knocked over and the glass pan shattered! I didn't even have a piece! And now it was covered in glass! Can you imagine my dismay when I toiled and worked and concentrated and then to see it on the floor covered in death causing glass shards? I was sad.... but I managed to save some of it! I picked off the glass and found the side that was least affected. I still had to throw away a lot of ti but it wasn't so bad. It was actually pretty good. Not the same as Mom's but it was still good. The biggest difference is there are no chocolate chips this side so I got candy bars and cut it up. It was a bit different but still good! Yay chocolate chip bars!


So this week was really busy organizing everything for Zone Conference and I won't bother typing about some of the less exciting things we did(like print off programs and call people to cater the food, boring I know....). We had a really successful week. We had a number of good lessons.


Funny Happenings!


*A drunk guy in the car next to me said, "Blessed are the poor for they shall inherit the kingdom of God..." I agreed so I said yes. Then he said, "But you're in a car...." Hahahaha People are funny huh?




*Elder Harper, an elder in the zone, recognized me from that dance I did with Sarah Russo and Jake Fields. Down in Cedar city, small world, huh? He saw it at Shakespeare Festival. Weird!


*Kay so this one isn't really funny. But Bro. Simwanza was sustained and set apart as 2nd Counselor in the Sunday School Presidency!


*A member said he wanted us to pray for his speedy recovery because he had just been circumcised! hahaha and ow. A lot ow. I wonder what his wife thought when he just openly told us that....


* I don't even know! Have fun!


Love, Elder Steven Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment