Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Zone Conference, busy, and busy some more

So this last week was really amazing and it was a lot of fun. Zone
Conference was a Spiritual feast if there ever was one and I felt extremely
edified and enlarged and enlightened and energized and elevated and e.... I
ran out of "e" words.... hahaha Elder Pearson of the Seventy is really
amazing and he had some very thought provoking presentations and questions.
It was great. The Zone Song went well and they really liked it. The only
flaw of Zone Conference was that the catering woman came late and we
had no food when we
were supposed to have food. Crazy I know but it all worked out. I almost
felt a bit slow next to Elder Pearson. He knows so much and I just found
myself nodding my head as knowledge was flowing at me. I hope he didn't
think I am handicapped or something. But really his knowledge is so vast and
it was amazing!

But this week has just been super busy. Missionaries were traveling because
of Zone Conference. We had to pick them up, take them places make sure
everyone was accounted for, we had sick missionaries and missionaries that
needed some counselling and advice and baptisms and interviews that needed
to take place and it was uber busy.

We had the baptism on Saturday and it went really well. We had Ida and
John who were baptized. Sister Simwanza told us she doesn't feel ready
yet which was kind of a bummer but she is great and she will be
baptized soon enough. Diana's husband doesn't want her to be baptized,
Brighton kind of fell off the planet this last week. But we will
definitely see him soon. So that is that! We will have them all
baptized soon enough. Which is awesome and I definitely look forward
to that.

I am really looking forward to the exciting developments happening in
Zambia. There is a lot that is going to happen and many doors will be
opened up. There has been opposition because of that fact but the work
will push forward and NOTHING will stop it! IT is really amazing and I
am thrilled to be a part of it. Don't know what else to say about
that.... alright.

Other than that it was just running around and preparing things for
other things and helping things that needed help. I am stoked for the
work and what is happening, I only hope I can do MORE! Ahhhhhhhhh!
Hopefully I am becoming who I need to be. I pray that all will enjoy
the blessings of full time missionary service.

Again, please be patient with the letters and mail. I am working on it!

Love, Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment