Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Monday, May 23, 2011

What is wrong with me?!!, Korihor the Gate, and The END OF THE WORLD!!!!!

So this last week I have been feeling not so great. I have had some stomach problems and that coupled with very little sleep and travel.... well. Fortunately it did get a bit better after Monday but since the it has been kind of the same. Rushing to the toilet all the time and trying to motivate myself to eat. I am not vomiting which is good but it hasn't really improved much since then. Plus in Gweru it is cold! At night and in the morning I am wearing a big hoodie. But proselyting I only have a sweater, which is adequate but I hear it is only going to get colder..... ah!!!!!

We also have Korihor the gate at our house. It is difficult to open, it falls over, in fact to open it you need 2 people and when you are rushing to the toilet because you are sick and you have to sit there and wrestle with an evil gate for some minutes... hahahaha We are trying to get some one to fix it but no luck so far. Oh yea this morning the thing that holds it up(sometimes) popped off like a rocket! I am surprised it hasn't killed the neighbors dogs yet by falling on them.... So I have named the gate Korihor. I thought the name was fitting.

I am serving in Gweru City Ward in Gweru Stake and we meet in a Primary School. It was really great, but we are looking for a meeting house in town that will be more central for everyone. That will really create some opportunities for growth.

Oh yeah, in the news and on some flyers people were saying that 21 May was judgment day! They said the world would end and that there would be earthquakes and fires and people would be taken in a cloud to heaven. People were really stressing about it as well. One thing that was funny is that people would tell us it is the end of the world on Saturday and the we would turn around and invite them to come to church on Sunday! Hahaha Funny enough the world did not end, and they still didn't come to church. Oh well I guess they were in shock.

So yesterday after we had planned I was changing and I started noticing bumps. The first one was on my leg by my ankle. Then as I kept changing I found I was covered in bumps that were raised and red and some looked like hives while others looked like lots of bug bites gathered in groups. I just stared in horror at my marred skin. What is wrong with me?!?!! I have never experienced such strange health issues before. My companion just laughed at me. I think I might just should go to the doctor. What do you think?

We have found some really great people to teach. Like Sister Ncube. She is the wife to a less active we went to visit and they will be a great family in the Gospel. We also have been teaching this guy named Tawanda. He had some problems with the Book of Mormon and at one point even said that we should NOT give it to him. But his friend was more open and they both decided to find out for themselves. I thought that was funny.

Gweru is really great and I can't wait for some really great things to happen. Lets get to work!

Love, Elder Steven Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment