Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

(C)ecilia, (T)ransfers, and (R)at!

So this week has been super busy and I don't even know how much has
happened. But a lot! Well this last week we got transfers and I didn't
even think to write about it last week to tell you that I might be
going or staying or whatever/whathaveyou because I was completely
certain that I was staying. And guess what?!?!?!? I was right..... :)
I am staying and my new companion is Elder Sibanda, he is from
Botswana and is super powerful. We are going to have a great time
together and we are going to work, work, work! Yay!!!!

This last week we baptized Cecilia, the sister-in-law to Bro.
Simwanza. She was so excited and she just had this light about her on
the day of her baptism that it was amazing(but that could have just
been the white clothes :) just kidding, her countenance was super
powerful.) So Brother Simwanza, who is super powerful himself, gave
his testimony on Sunday and can I just say that he is amazing? Because
he is. People bore testimony about his testimony! He has a fire
burning inside that is inspiring those around him! He could very
possibly lift Lusaka Branch single handedly. Amazing!

So this last week Bonface, our manservant, found a rat in the yard.
They killed it. But this rat was a bit different. It was huge! No joke
and no hyperbole, it was the size of an average cat. They were so
excited to show us and they cooked it! I kind of jokingly said they
should save us some and they said of course, of course. But we left
and I thought they wouldn't really save it. I was wrong. Very wrong.
We came home and they saved us an entire leg! I opened the oven and
much to my surprise found a rat drumstick waiting for us.

So what was one do with food that was lovingly prepared for them? You
eat it of course! And that we did. And guess what? It was really good,
and I am being completely honest, it was delicious. I know,
RIGHT?!?!?!?!I couldn't believe it tasted so good! Especially because
I was there when they were burning the hair off and that smelled
awful. But the meat is tender and just good actually...... try not to
think I am psycho, but just know that it was yummy:)

If I remember anything next week then I will definitely tell you but
just know that mission is amazing and that you should all serve! Woot!

Love, Elder Steven Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment