Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oops on Monday, The Christian Rapper, and Oops on Saturday

So last week Monday I was emotionally traumatized. We had a normal and good pday. But come the end of the day when I write in my journal, as is my nightly custom, I find my journal is missing. I remember putting it in my companions back pack with my camera... that has my memory card with ALL of my mission photos... ALL OF THEM! The entire backpack which also has my companions camera is missing! Then in an epiphany I realize the back pack was placed on a chair at Subway... at 3 p.m.. It was now 10:15 pm! So we rush there but it is locked up! And all this time I am just praying like no one's business that it will be found. Because seriously? My memory card and my journal? The two possessions that are irreplaceable? The two things I would maybe possibly die protecting, I left on a chair?????? Really?


So we go there in the morning and the guy goes and gets it from behind the counter. They had seen the backpack and had protected it and waited for us to go back(they know us there). There are some truly great people in the world!


We met this guy Jonathan. He was born in Zambia, raised in Michigan and has come back to Zambia. He is a Christian Rapper and he just got a record deal! hahahaha We gave him a Book of Mormon and he was so excited that right then in the lesson he raps about us and how great God is. He is pretty good I must say. He is a great guy and he is only 19, but I am wondering when he accepts the Gospel will he feel right about his rapping? I don't know but it will be interesting to see!


3 members of the Simwanza family were baptized on Saturday. They are such a miracle. From the very day we met them everything has just been a miracle. They really are just great.


Then on Saturday at a Less active's home they were feeding us dinner and I managed to spill juice all over my suit pants. The mom blamed her daughter for it to. I don't know how her not getting a spoon was the cause of my spilling juice but the mother seemed to make the connection.... But that was really funny. I think I was too calm through the whole thing though. It really got me very wet. But for some reason I didn't even flinch or move. I just kept eating because the damage was done.... I am strange. enough said.


So I don't really know what to say. The new mission is getting on its feet and our area is really picking up and there is a lot happening. I can't wait for all of these great things to start and it seems like I am here at an exciting time.


My companion and I made Shepherds Pie! But we made way too much so we took it to the Elder and Sister Taggart. They are the couples serving in our area. They are just great and they have so much on their plate that we thought they would appreciate not cooking a meal for once. So we had dinner with them except they made salad and a chocolate cake! It totally blew my cake out of the water! It was so good. But to all those who read these emails. If you have even the slightest inclination to serve a mission. I am specifically talking to senior couples, but it applies to everyone. Please start on your papers NOW! There is so much work to be done and we need more willing hands and hearts. Please please please choose to serve a mission. I can't even say how important couple missionaries are to the progress of missionary work. Especially Africa! Please choose to serve. You are sorely needed and your service will be greatly appreciated. Please PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! It might be scary but everything will work out and you will meet brothers and sisters you never knew you had! We need you!


Love, Elder Steven Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment