Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Tapiwa, Baptisms, and Robbed again(again(again)) :)

Dear everyone!

Well this last week has been very good. It began with us going to Tapiwa's and he was very happy and we met with his family again(minus Dad). They were asking questions, participating, and it was great! Then we came back on Saturday and this time Dad was there. He asked for the Book of Mormon(he wasn't there when we taught it) and said that they had explained and that he had read it! We answered their questions and I was loving it.

Then we taught about the plan of salvation. And the dad gave them fire because they weren't prepared. So they all pulled out notebooks and they were taking notes the whole time! My companion was so happy he started crying. Then after the closing prayer, the dad, who we have only seen once after a conversation about missionaries and missionary work,

"So our church is really growing." He said casually.

"What?!" Comes the shocked reply from elder Bonface(my companion), as my head turns sharply.

"This church of ours it is really growing." Is the father's once again very casual reply.

He was saying OUR church! I couldn't believe it! Then he asked if he wanted to be baptized what would he have to do. I was stoked!

Then on Saturday I get a call from the Zone Leaders asking if there is anything we left in the house that is valuable... uh oh. I tell them my camera, and they find it in the top drawer of my desk. But the thieves got another camera, fuel coupons and forty dollars in cash. I couldn't believe it happened again and I have no idea HOW they are getting in! I have been locked out before and I could not get in, I could not see any weaknesses... but I guess I am not a thief... well according to that one police officer I am, but he is terribly confused.

Then yesterday we had our baptisms! Seven people! I was so happy. It was a lot of work and after the baptism I was exhausted but it was worth it. One of the kids we baptized, his whole family came. And they weren't even members!

But that has been my week and I am grateful for all the love and support!

Some highlights I forgot!

-My companion shoved sadza in his pocket because he couldn't finish it.
-I was forced to sing the National Anthem because it is in the hymn book for a recent convert family
-I was jumping into com-b to contact them
-The thief left his sandals so I am going to give them to Maxwell
-A less active made powerful food(very random but it was in my journal, so....)
-Our neighbors were incarcerated for the theft but were shortly released.


Love,

Elder Gay!

No comments:

Post a Comment