Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 4th 2010 Letter

This week has been full of things and happenings. I taught the principles of Charity and Love in our District meeting and that turned into our district vision yeah love! We visited a Less Active who's been a member for six or seven years. She had this cactus tree in her yard that had a lot of Elder's names engraved in it so we added our names too! It is kind of a piece of mission history. She even came to church that week too!

On the way to Dorcas' we got bombarded by children. I gave them some toys and did a couples flips, and we got a pretty cool picture! Then later in the week the same kids gave us some help finding a house, pretty sweet huh?

Our house got inspected by the Mission Mother this week and the other elders we live with freaked because they are very messy. But me and my companion weren't worried because none of the mess was ours. They, however, woke up at five to clean all their dishes and their rooms and everything else. So we passed our inspection!

On April Fool's Day, we had a service project at a less active's house. We dug the garden out for replanting! We practiced a song with an R.M. in the branch, so apparently we are going to sing Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing this next Sunday... I'll tell you how it goes next week. We played some awesome jokes, because apparently it is a very popular holiday here, who knew?! Then a member cooked for us, she made us fish... I actually ate the whole thing, except the head because it tasted awful. But yea then they wanted us to sing the Star Spangled Banner, so we did and yea it was very odd.

We found out that we get a new Assistant to the President and the lucky person is....... It's Elder Lauaki and I know you have no idea who that is, but suffice it to say it is completely hilarious. And even better is I called it the day before we found out! He was kind of mad at me though. He said I jinxed him!

Conference was interesting. First I was so excited, then it was canceled because the stakes were all going to watch it two weeks from now on DVD. Then I was sad. Then we had dinner at President's House on Friday for Easter, which was awesome. Then on Saturday Conference was back on! So I was happy! Then a few hours later it was canceled and I was sad. Then on Sunday it was still canceled and I was still sad but then President invited us over to watch it at his house, so I was happy! But because of the time difference it didn't get over till midnight and we only got to watch the Sunday sessions but I was just happy we got to watch some of it!

This week, we gave out five baptismal dates to some of our investigators and two who were interviewed on Sunday, Brian(15) and Garikai(20 something) passed and will be baptized this next week! We have found three new investigators and hopefully we'll give some more baptismal dates this coming week! The work is really going and it is exciting!

I love hearing from everyone! Thank you for all the love and prayers!

Love,

Elder Gay

1 comment:

  1. Oh Steven!! I love this kid! I just got a letter from him the other day and was SO excited!!!!!!!! He sounds like he is doing absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete