Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Family, Funny, and FREEZING!

Dear Peoples,

We have some really great families in our teaching pool at the moment. Sanyamandwe Family(Innocent and Enesia), Musekiwa family, and the Mandima family. They are doing really great and they love the Gospel. Bu they are united in the fact that they struggle to come to church. We have been working with them and we have been trying to help them. So that is the current struggle right now. I have even studied about families and I was surprised by how many scriptures came to mind from memory about the importance of family. The family is really important to the Lord and I fell I have a deeper understanding of that now. I love teaching families.

We had taken Bro. Mbewe with us to a lesson with Innocent and it was a really great lesson. In fact that was one of the best lessons I have ever had on mission and I have had a few of them. It was absolutely perfect. I can't put it into words but it was jurst perfect!

Funny-----------------------------------

*I read Matt 16:18 and asked how we can follow Christ. To which they said, 'we should build churches!' hahahahaha We clarified don't worry.

*A drunk told me, after I had poured out his beer, that if I had the chance, I would drink, do drugs, and fornicate. I told him I would die first! He didn't believe me.

*A guy said because he didn't know which church was true, he would just stay at home! hahahaha So I asked him, if you didn't where your keys were, would you just sit in one room? Or would you search the whole house?

*This guy looked at us and said I have been a Catholic for 42 years, you know what I mean? I need time. The look on his face was priceless, "You know what I mean???" Hahahaha

*One of our investigators had met the missionaries before and had given them the Book of Mormon back and told them, "Take your book back, it is misleading me!" I asked what their expressions were, she just smiled hahahaha(she now understands the Book of Mormon and loves it because we read with her)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now to the freezing! Gweru is cold! To illustrate let me tell you a story. At church, I was wearing a sweater, a suit jacket over that and then a hoodie over it all and I was still cold! Who knew that Africa could get so cold????? Even right now I am wearing my jacket. And my toes haven't been warm for weeks. This place is C-O-L-D ! ! ! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Did you know that there are 6604 verses in the Book of Mormon? Isn't that cool? Woot!

Sincerely, Elder Steven Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment