Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Peanuts!, Families, and a House!

So this last week I found I was covered with hives again!!!!! So I analyzed the days and found I had eaten pb&j sandwiches so as an experiment I stopped eating peanut butter. And lo and behold I got no hives. So I was a little offended. How could my body betray me in such a manner. I had never been allergic to anything and now, all of a sudden my body decides to revolt!?! I had some difficulty coming to grips with it :) But as part of my experiment, on the third day I would eat peanut butter and see if the hives cam back. So I ate and NO HIVES!!!!! Yay!!!! I was so happy, being allergic to something would really be not fun. I can just imagine everyone who is reading this that is allergic to something and you are either happy for me because you don't want me to suffer as you or you are a bit angry with me because of your own sad predicament. I apologize. There is a reason for everything!

So this last week we have really focused on visitting those families that don't get visited and we have found quite a few people to teach and that has been really cool. It seems like a lot of them struggle in coming to church and also they wonder why so many bad things are happening. But hopefully we have been able to help them in their concerns. One lesson was really funny. It was with this girl named Amanda and we were teaching about God. And we shared about His true identity and how He and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are separate. It was funny because we shared scriptures and you could see that everything was making perfect sense to her and yet she was confused because she had been taught differently her whole life. So you could almost see the inner turmoil as she tried to reconcile the truth to what she had known previously. I almost laughed out loud a few times in the middle of the lesson! She is great though and we look forward to seeing her again.

We are also looking for a new meeting house for our ward because it is kind of far. So I have been asking in town about it. Once a Nun was passing and I felt I should talk to her so I smiled and walked toward her and she was brushing me aside and wanted nothing to do with me or the message I carried. But when I asked about the house she relaxed and became more friendly. She didn't want to hear about the church. BUt I invited her anyway! Woot! Anyway, a friend of the nun came up as we were talking and said their aunt has many properties and that we could call her so progress has been made! Woot!

It seems as though time is never on our side. I am beginning my third week here in Gweru and we still have many plans that need to be put into action. Nothing to it but to do it! So that was my week and Korihor the gate was fixed! Now I think I might have to change his name.... maybe Zeezrom.....

Have fun!

Elder Steven Gay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment