Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Elephants, Lions and the Word of Wisdom!

Sorry this is short but I will have to make it a bit short to make sure I have time to send pics. And trust me you will want pictures. So first things first. We had a great many lessons this week and things have been progressing well. We have some really great investigators and I don't know if we could have followed up any more than we did. We really put in a lot of effort this week with them and we are seeing fruits. Not as many as I thought or expected but the fruits are still coming!

With Innocent and his family we were sharing about the Word of Wisdom and it was a really great lesson. One of my favorites actually. The family is really great and they are progressing so well and while they had some questions about tea and coffee. Their main concern(or should I say Sister Enesia, Innocent's wife's main concern) was alcohol. Apparently Innocent likes to take the 'occasional' drink with his buddies. So we had a really good discussion with him and we have great faith that he will come off conqueror. But during the lesson I asked if we could take their tea and they replied with an emphatic 'yes!'. So after the lesson I asked for it and they looked at me in surprise and said, "Oh! You were serious!" And I took it! Then we put it in the couples house as a joke! :) They were shocked for a while. That was funny.

Then today we went to Antelope Park where we..... wait for it...... RODE ON ELEPHANTS!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you jealous? Because you should be :D It was AWESOME!!! Our Elephant was the leader and it was being stubborn sometimes and it would want food. So he pitched and yawed and it even sprinted at one time. Elephants are fast! It got moving I was very surprised. But Elephants are not so very soft or comfortable. But it was a blast and we got to feed them! Elephants are big. Did you know? They are big especially when you are standing right next to one! An I got to play with lion cubs again! Again, please feel free to be jealous :D

We are having the baptism for Bro Garandemwa and Sister Caroline this Saturday. Sister Caroline had been taught by the missionaries for 5 years! So this is exciting for the family. The father will be very happy. Now let me go and I will send pics!

Love, Elder Gay

PS As I went to send it, I hit something and the screen went blank.... no worries though it had auto saved my draft. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment