Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Bradley Glazer, CHASTITY, Dried Cockroach=YUM!, and throw up :D

So this week has been very busy. Seems like we are always getting called to do things and then we are busy with the area as well. Crazy! But someone looked at my tag and said Elder Glazer? Then he threw his hands in the air and told us he didn't want us there and we should leave and he was staring right at me. And his expression was horrified like I was a demon. I was so shocked. I just started laughing because I was so confused. Then as we were contacting people, this one drunk was holding a banana and so I asked if he was going to give me. He just laughed. Then as we were leaving, I hear a yell, "Bradley!" Surprisingly I turn around and the drunk runs and shows me the banana so I hold out my hand and then he just laughs and runs away again. Where on earth he got Bradley, I do not know. And why I responded to it, I have even less of a clue. So I am Bradley Glazer! Strange, huh?

Then we shared with the Manyande family about the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom. It went well and then we came back later in the week for a return another lesson. We follow up with their prayers and they know it is all true! Then Bro. Manyande shares about reading the Chastity pamphlet with his family. He read how marriages should be legal. So he pulls a paper out of his pocket and says, "My wife doesn't know about this yet because I just got home. But I read that marriages should be by law and mine was a traditional wedding so I went to the courts and I legalized my marriage." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT was awesome! He immediately legalized his marriage. This guy is converted to the Gospel already. Wow. Wow. WOW!

Anyway, we visited a member family and they had what is called ishwa. Which is essentially a very large flying ant. Looks kind of like a wasp and a cockroach mixed. The people here eat them. They had some that had been prepared and they offered me some. I tasted and they weren't bad. They weren't good either. But to me it kind of tasted a bit like popcorn. But they are very preservable so I am going to send some home for you all to try! YUM!!! Zimbabwean delicacy :) Ishwa!

That kid I felt prompted to ask directions from, Simbarashe and then we tracted into their house later that very day! We went back for a return appointment and they told us their dad told them that our doctrines do not agree. So they were told to give us back the Book of Mormon. I was shocked because I had definitely felt prompted to talk to him and to knock his gate. So I was thoroughly expecting things to work out but, I guess the Lord knows that now is not the time. But I was very surprised at the outcome. But I saw them in town and they waved and smiled and they still have some pamphlets. So one day they will be converted I know it! Maybe when they move away from their dad.

But I was somehow sick this week. This one morning I was throwing up and feeling not good. But now all is well. I don't know what it was because my companion wasn't sick so I guess it wasn't anything we ate. But it was a no biggie. Today we cleaned another room of our house! The house is getting to be very awesome. Very organized and clean and powerful. Yay!!!!

Love, Elder Steven Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment