Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Am I the Son of the Morning?, District Conference, and ginger what?

So this last week was entertaining and busy and a lot of other things. We went to that Game Reserve and didn't see anything. But we did do a lot of walking and saw some pretty good sights. They told us there were some cool things, like elephants, but I didn't see them. But we are going to a different and more reputable game reserve today and we are sure to see things so I will take pics!

In District Conference we had some very powerful instructions. It was a Continent wide broadcast by the Brethren and it was great. I learned a lot and there was some very specific instruction given concerning some traditions here. So it was a very good experience.

But this last week me and my companion both fell ill. We think it might be something we ate but we aren't sure what but we were both in trouble. Two runny stomachs, and one bathroom..... took some careful self control to prevent some undesirable things from happening. But we are told by some people that if we chew ginger it will help us. So we buy some ginger and we peel it and we boil it. I ask if we need all of it(it was a lot) my companion says the more the better! So I dump the whole thing into the boiling water. Then after a bit we drink it. It was terrible!!!!!! It was one of the strongest flavors I have ever tasted. ughhhhhhh! I didn't even bother finishing but it did help a bit. I felt better in the morning.

Guess what? A crazy woman hit me!!!! Kay so listen to this. We are standing and talking as our car is getting washed. I see this woman in an odd assortment of clothes and deduce that she is a homeless woman and return my attentions the conversation at hand. As I again peruse my surroundings, I again see this same woman and her eyes are fixed on me and she is walking towards me. I am still talking to my companion but as this woman gets closer my curiosity is heightened. What does she want. Her expression is one of happy delirium and at this point she is only a few feet away. She moves her arms and I think she is going to hug me or something so I kind of shy away. But then she hits my shoulder with the bag of chips she has in her hand, as she hisses, "Satan!" She raises the bag over her head tilts her head back and says, "Can I eat these?" I say, "Yea, sure..." She kindly replies, "Thank you," then she walks away. Down through an overgrown canal and across a small stream and up the other side and then she is gone! I was so confused, and my companion is laughing at me and I start laughing too and it was one of the best things that has ever happened to me! hahahahahah It was so funny!!!!!! I was and am still seriously confused. Am I the Son of the Morning? hahahahah this woman was seriously confused.

So this powerful family we are teaching got lost on their way to the Conference so they didn't make it but they are progressing so well and the father is just amazed at how simple all of it is and how it makes sense. He said, and I quote, "What you teach us. It is so... you say it so so soft but it pierces to the very center. It touches my heart and why is it that you seem so young and yet you know more than people who are old like me?" This guy is great!!!! I can't wait for him to be baptized. But I have to go look at African animals. So I will talk to you all next week!

Love,

Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment