Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Transfers, T-shirts, Remove thineself!, Boiling water, and Where in the World is The Elder who's from Kenya?(did I get the right amount of syllables

Well people, this week we got the phone call from President and he told us if we stay or if we go! Elder Shabangu, who is a Zone Leader, answered the phone(we were with the whole Zone), he is told that he will be staying and his new companion will be.... me. So I am now a Zone Leader and I left Chikanga to go to town. Those areas border each other so I haven't really gone far but yea, that was unexpected I hope I do it right! Also, he will be my sixth companion in seven transfers!

Also this week we were searching for this house and we asked these two sisters, is this house number so-and-so. They told us no, so we thank them and go and call this person we are suppose to be seeing. He walks out of the house with those same two sisters and invites us to come in. Oh yeah, the sisters refused to take Restoration pamphlets. Anyway we ask him if it is okay with his family if he meets with us and he says yea. So we commence the lesson and we are talking he is participating and he seems like he could be powerful.

Then he gets a phone call talks for a bit and then the call ends. Then we try to go with the lesson again but he is distracted, I can tell. Then he says, "Something just happened. That was my father." To which I reply, "He wants us to go doesn't he?" Melvin(the guy we are teaching) sadly responds, "That is what he said..." So we end with a prayer and we go... Remove thineself they said! And we removed!

We also received our zone t-shirts and they are sweet! They turned out awesome and they only have one minor flaw but honestly speaking they turned out better than I had hoped. I will try to send some pics next week.

Also I have discovered that I enjoy boiling water.... I know, I know I am weird but hear me out. I think it has something to do with 'being prepared' or something but anyway. I have found it strangely comforting to have boiling water on hand. :P I just get stranger every day, don't I? Changing my "2", boiling water... what will it be next week???? Stay tuned!

But anyway as part of zone leadership I have been helping in the transport of missionaries as they are changing areas and what not. So we were suppose to pick an elder at 12:30 about that was coming from Harare(about a three hour drive). They put him on the bus around 9 so we got there a little early to make sure that we would be able to find him. But we sat and sat and sat and sat. And NOTHING! Oh yeah did I mention he has the allotment for the entire zone? So we are all broke plus we waited for over two hours and we have not seen head nor tails of him. He's from Kenya, to explain the self explanatory subject reference I made :) Oh yeah again, he has no phone and he is all by himself and we have no idea where he is....

So we waited and waited but finally we left our contact details with some people at the bus rank and we came to the internet cafe and now I am emailing all of you!!!! And even right now as I am typing, I still don't know what happened to this elder.... so hopefully we find him soon! But we kind of have to go back and look for him, I am sure you understand. So I apologize for this being short and not as detailed as some of my previous emails!

Love,

Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment