Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Monday May 3rd Letter

Transfers, trees, and exchanges

This week I went on two exchanges with some other missionaries. One I was in my area with a branch missionary and another I was with a Zone Leader in his area. Both went well I thought. Tuesday we waited for the news of transfers all day. They didn't come, but we went immediately from our area to the other missionaries flat. We stayed the night and in the morning we got the phone call from President Dube! We found out my companion was leaving to go to Kwekwe and I was staying in the area. My new companion is Elder Packer(and yes he is related to THE Elder Boyd K. Packer), and he has only been out for ONE transfer. I am a follow up trainer and I am Senior Comapnion and I have only been out for TWO transfers. I know, right?! I couldn't believe it.

After that we went to the area where I told everyone that Elder Crossley is leaving. We taught some pretty good lessons too actually. The branch missionary did really well.

The next day we had some service planned so we went to Sis. Winet's home and she wanted us to cut down a tree, with an axe. I was a little apprehensive but I was very excited to try my hand at being an African Lumberjack, and I cut it down! It was sweet, I cut down a tree with my bare hands! No power tools at all. I was kind of proud of myself. we also had a lot of people sign my companion's journal because he was leaving.

Then on Friday we had another exchange, and I went Warren Park. We taught some lessons and tracted a bit. We tracted into this girl who seemed very excited to talk to us but we couldn't have a lesson because she was alone and she didn't want anyone to hear what she had to say.... She told us that something happened and she wanted forgiveness so we started talking about the steps to repenting but she wanted specifics, so she told us that she broke the Law of Chastity and wanted forgiveness. We go through, counseling and we get to the part about not doing it again, she promptly bites her lip and looks down. I almost burst out laughing. She was a very funny girl and I hope that she gets the lessons!

On Saturday we took my companion to the Bus Stop to go to his new area. We said good bye and we left. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be. Oh well.

On Sunday, it was crazy because we had to go to two branches and I was late to mine. Then the baptisms had to be postponed because the water in the font was nasty and smelled like wanton and stagnant decay. So yea those will take place next week.

Then we picked up our new companions from the Mission Office. Elder Packer seems pretty cool and I think this transfer will go well. But apparently Pres. Dube didn't tell him I was only a transfer older than him. He said, "You'll be with Elder Gay, he is relatively new on mission but he is a hard worker." Relatively new? Understatement of the century! So that has been my week, I thank everyone for the prayers and support! Love you all!

Love,

Elder Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment