Favorite Scripture

Deuteronomy 1:2
"There are eleven day's journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadesh-barnea."
Confused? One of his favorite seminary teachers taught using this as a the preface. She explained that the journey took 40 years, should have taken eleven days as the scripture says. If we are doing what the Lord wants, then our journey doesn't need to take 40 years.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Baptism, Sister Brown, and the shirt

Well there isn't a lot of time because we are having our Zone activity so I will try to explain in brief.

Well Dumi was baptized and he bore a very powerful testimony about the Book of Mormon. He is definitely converted and he will do great. Sabastian, the one baptized a couple weeks ago was ordained to the Aaronic priesthood! Yay!

We, meaning my companion and I, created a design for a Zone T-shirt. The designs turned out great! They were so cool! I haven't seen them on the shirt yet but I am sure it will be awesome! IT is so cool!

Also Sister Brown is doing amazingly well. We have only had a few lessons with her but they have been amazing. The first time she told us that she would be very surprised if it was all true. Then this last time she was saying how much she loved the BOok opf Mormon and that she wasn't ready to say yes to baptism, but when she did know we would be the first to know. Then she said, "And the answer won't be no!" It was incredible. She is such an amazing person and she has said that since that time we met with her, she hasn't had a bad day. She said that she has seen so many people reach out to her and her ill brother and she said that she is feeling as if "the burdens have been lifted off me". She has developed such faith. It truly is amazing.

I can't believe how awesome sharing the Gospel is! So sorry for the incredibly short email but I will make it up next week and sorry if I didn't reply to your email that you sent to me. I will definitely do that next week!

Love, Elder Steven Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment